I am 25 weeks today. Sorry, no bump picture. I was way too busy visiting the OB for an unplanned visit today. Long story short, I've been progressively been getting dizzier and dizzier and feeling all around crappy without any correlation to my blood sugar numbers. I called the OB nurse yesterday late afternoon to see if I could drink meal replacement shakes for supplementation because I'm learning that at times I am having an incredibly hard time eating solid food. That clearly presents a problem for someone with gestational diabetes who must be eating at regular intervals to maintain sugar levels. But I'm finding myself gagging and nearly vomiting with every bite. Anyway, I figured the nurse would just give me some quick advice and send me on my merry way. But instead, she said that because they want to take extra good care of me and make sure nothing serious is going on, she wanted me to come in and get a "once over" by the OB. So I saw him this morning hoping for no bad news and nothing but reassurance. And that is precisely what I got.
The OB thinks my problems may or may not be related to blood sugar, but he hears of dizziness and major food aversions from plenty of his patients and isn't worried about it one bit. All of my recent blood work looks good and I am not anemic. They also listened to Sammy's heartbeat while I was there which was right on target and reassured me I had nothing to worry about. I had my first fundal height measurement and while I know it can be inaccurate this early, she is measuring a week ahead according to it.
That's all wonderful news and helped calm the nagging worry that IF and loss has created!
And onto a separate but related topic, at my appointment last week, my OB asked me if I had put any thought into birth plan preferences. I laughed and told him I have a blog and had just posted about this exact topic. I told him I trusted him and will go with whatever he recommends. He recommends a scheduled C-section. I know many of may be gasping right now, and that's fine. Without going into a lot of detail (because I'm not planning to debate with anyone about this topic) he recommends this for us for a whole variety of reasons. I have had some time to research it, discuss with Kevin, and put some serious thought into it and I understand the implications and risks/benefits. It's something we've decided to go ahead and do. We are planning our delivery for July 29th which will be 38w5d. Unless, of course, she decides to come earlier than that on her own. Let's hope she keeps on cookin' in there!
Anyway that is our decided-upon plan. So guess what, friends? We will be meeting this little girl in just 96 days. THREE MONTHS, FIVE DAYS FROM TODAY!