I called to schedule our ultrasound, and it turns out I only had Friday as an option so I made it for first thing on Friday: 7am CST. I pray we do get some kind of positive news although I feel like if we don't see anything that day, I can tell myself it's just too early. We will have a second ultrasound next Friday, 3/15. If we don't see anything at that one (7w2d) I can probably say that this likely isn't working out as hoped, and the RE agrees. But I'm holding on hope until then.
Onto lighter news, last night my PIO shot was an interesting adventure. Apparently many REs don't even instruct patients to pull back on the plunger before injecting because of the incredibly slim chance that they might hit a blood vessel. Kevin is an EMT/Firefighter so he is careful to always pull back on mine to check for blood, and last night I'm glad he did because he DID hit a blood vessel! PIO injected directly into a vein would have been very bad to say the least and would have made for a terrible end to a terrible day!
I thought it looked kind of cool in the syringe because the viscosity of the blood was different from the oil so it reminded me of a lava lamp.
That's all for today. I wish I could tell you that my panicked and depressed blog posting days were over, but only time will tell. I'm trying to keep it together, I swear I am. And as I said in the beginning, I promised to be real and honest in my posts so others going through similar experiences wouldn't feel alone. I'm sure I'm not the only person to lose my marbles from crappy beta results, and I won't be the last.